Sunday, October 29, 2006

 

Battle of the Haunted Houses (Oct 27th)

I-25 & Hwy 34 (The Outlets in Loveland)
5661 McWhinney Blvd #D-270
Loveland, CO 80538

http://www.haunteddenver.com/2006/attractions/battle.html

****4 out of 5 stars****

I love Halloween and I love going to haunted houses. So I was thrilled to find out that there was a competition between two haunted houses in the same location for one price. One haunted house was called Scream Theme Studios' "Destination Terror" and the other one is called Nocturnal Nightmares' "Dark Descent".

There was not a very long line when we got there, lots of high school kids. We decided on "Dark Decent" first. I won't go into the details of the house, but this one was very fun, very loud, and more blood filled than the other. The ending is awesome, and did have a few scares. The girls in our group were horrified.

"Destination Terror" was next, and had a bit longer line. I would guess that the way they lay it out creates a longer line. This one was more verbal ques, and was a lot darker in some areas. Watch out for the little kids, they are unexpected. The ending to this one not that scary, but very cool.

Overall, I liked "Dark Decent" better because it was louder and had more scares. But both were very fun, and I really enjoyed the competitive spirit that drove the creativity. There is also a "Laser Maze" that is included and is a must try. It has a bunch of lazers that you are suppose to jump over and duck under in a timed race. I did terrible, but had fun trying it.

The competition is located in the Loveland Outlet malls, South End. The entrance fee is $17 a person, and includes all three events.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?