Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

Bennigan's (Oct 10th)

(970) 484-7974
2203 S College Ave
Fort Collins, CO 80525

www.bennigans.com

***3 out of 5 stars***

A typical "Crap up on the Wall" sytle restaurant, Bennigan's plays off of its Irish style pub providing drinks and fare. I go to Bennigan's maybe four times a year - because its always decent food, good service, and good drinks.

My visit the other day was a bit dissapointing. I ordered a Cajun Seafood platter, which came with shrimp, two crab cakes, and a salmon fillet. The shrimp were somewhat dry, as if the plate had been sitting under a heat lamp for some time. The salmon did not have enough flavor, and the crab cakes were not crispy as I would have preferred. The dish was served with rice, some bland cole slaw, and cajun sauce. It was okay, but could have been better.

Comments:
"Its always decent food, good service, and good drinks." What Bennigan's have you been going to? In my experience, their food is always horrible (a lot is preparation), their service is sub-par and their drinks are over-priced. The burgers I have ordered are always charred to a puck like consistency and the Monte Christo (one of my favorite sandwiches) is 90% deep fried batter, even when you ask for it light. Which leads me to the service, even on slow nights the wait staff has not seemed eager to serve me and my company . . . ever. They have always maintained a "do I have to?" attitude which indicates that Bennigan's is not consumer conscious. All in all, I am utterly amazed that you were willing to rate Bennigan's as high as you did. Every experience I have had at the one off of College between Drake and Prospect has been disheartening and thus, after last time, I vowed to never return and have kept my word.
 
I'm sorry you have not enjoyed Bennigan's. But thanks for posting your comment, its what helps the system work.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?