Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

CB & Potts Rest & Brewery (Oct. 25th)

(970) 221-1139
1415 W Elizabeth St

Fort Collins, CO 80521

**2 out 5 stars**

Looking for a change of pace, we decided to go to Potts (as we call it) and have dinner and drinks. The place was very busy when we arrived, but quickly died out. We had arrived late, and so I didn't have much time to look the menu over and order (I was talking too much as usual). The waitress came over and I decided on a "Steak Sandwich" without reading the accompanying description. Imagine my surprise when they brought out a 10 oz steak piled on top of a piece of French bread. Not what I would consider a steak sandwich, although the steak was very good and cooked to my liking. I also had a bowl of Beer Cheese soup, which does have the taste of hops and cheese and is better than you would guess.

After dinner, we stayed to have some drinks. Tuesday nights used to be all about Potts with their $1 Twisted Teas. However, last night this place was dead. There was maybe 15 people in the whole place and it was relatively quiet. The wild party days of yesteryears are no longer. I was disappointed that there were not more people. It lead to a lame atmosphere, where you could hear boring elevator type music playing. The drinks are still a dollar, and are still pretty good and will get you drunk for cheap. However, the place was empty and wasn't that much fun.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?