Thursday, October 05, 2006

 

Sri Thai (Oct. 5th)

(970) 482-5115

950 S Taft Hill Rd

Fort Collins, CO 80521

srithairestaurant.com

**2 out of 5 stars**

What I had hoped would turn out to be a new and unique exotic meal, just didn't do it for me. The restaurant is very nice, however the color in the restaurant was very drab, and the lights had been dimmed too low. One man complained about it, because he could not see his menu. The waitstaff wore shirts a similiar color to the walls, and it almost seemed like they dissapeared. I would have liked the waiter to be more helpful with the menu. I felt a bit rushed, especially since I had never eaten there before and was not familiar with the cuisine choices.

We started out with some soup. My companion had Wonton Soup, which she complained smelled like dog food. I smelled it and it was a dead ringer. This unpleasant smell took away from the soup. I started out with Tom Yom Koong, a spicy soup with prawns and mushrooms. I wouldn't recommend it as it was far too spicy and not very filling. Neither of us finished our soups.

For a main coarse, we had Pad Kea Mow (a spicy beef with bean sprouts) and Panang Curry (a curry with chicken in a coconut milk sauce). Both were very good, and very appealling to a bored pallete. I would recommend both for a change of pace. The meal was served with too little of rice, and the portions seemed very small for American standards. Call me a pig, but I don't feel satisfied unless I'm full.

The waitstaff could have been better. It took a very long time to get our food, and the check seemed to take forever. I felt a bit ignored at one point. However, the food is worth the visit!

(menu at website - take out is available, but no delivery)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?