Tuesday, November 07, 2006

 

Red Lobster (Nov. 5th)

(970) 223-3952
3301 S College Ave
Fort Collins, CO 80525

www.redlobster.com

***3 out of 5 stars***

As a bonus from work I received a $25 dollar gift certificate to Red Lobster. Since my Mom was in town, I decided it would be a good time to use it. I love a good, free meal.

Although we went on a Sunday afternoon church crowd, the restuarant is big enough to accomodate a lot of people, and thus we were able to sit right down. The staff was very nice and very friendly. Right now they are having their "Shrimp Feast". This annual feast is your choice of shrimp prepared in half a dozen ways. You start out with a salad and some awesome cheese biscuits! Then you get to choose shrimp prepared in two ways - I chose Shrimp Scampi and Shrimp Alfredo. It also came with a choice of side (I had a baked potatoe). You can keep asking for more orders of shrimp, and after these two were done I had Fried and Coconut. The fried was great, but the coconut shrimp was burned and did not taste good after the others - so I gave up. My mom had Stuffed Flounder - which is a flounder fillet stuffed with a rich shrimp, crab, and lobster cream sauce. It looked great.

Red Lobster is pricier than most places, but is a nice restaurant to visit on special occasions. Because of the gift certificate, our meal ended up being less than $10 including tip. But expect to spend up to twenty dollars a person when you go.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?