Friday, February 02, 2007

 

Revolution Donuts (Feb. 1st)

(970) 493-9655 (unsure if this is correct)
1720 W Mulberry St Ste A2 Fort Collins, CO 80521

***3 out of 5 stars***

Needing to take a morning snack into work, I always loved to stop at Daylight Donuts. When I arrived at the plaza near City Park I noticed that Daylight was no more. At some point, Daylight has closed and a new donut shop has open called Revolution Donuts.

The same location, Revolution sported a new look. They have a red and white themed decor and the place seemed a bit empty. With the neon "Open" sign lighting up the parking lot, I decided to give it a try. There were a few patrons inside, however the walls were bare and the place felt naked. The donuts seemed a bit expensive ($7.25 a dozen). They also did not seem to have the selection of donuts that Daylight once had.

I opted for two dozen, all mixed varities. The man behind the counter let me know that they had been open since November, but are just having their "Grand Opening" now. Coffee was free; courtesy of an insurance agent.

The donuts were not that popular at work, although they were generally liked. Not all of the donuts were eaten, and some were thrown away. I thought they tasted pretty good, although they did not seem great. I would say try Revolution Donuts, however don't expect them to be revolutionary.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?